Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

OL commit-Wing Green

This is a discussion on OL commit-Wing Green within the Georgia Tech Football forums, part of the Georgia Tech Sports Message Boards category; ...

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Mar 2019
    Posts

    171

    OL commit-Wing Green

    https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...g-green-252994

    We were his only P5 offer. Nice length as a tackle but another meh recruit.

    Its painfully obvious were missing out on our top OL targets (Tate Johnson spurned us for Auburn) and were now taking some reaches to make sure we have a full class of offensive linemen.


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    6,892
    Quote Originally Posted by sga_jacket View Post
    Wing Green, 2020 Offensive tackle - Rivals.com

    We were his only P5 offer. Nice length as a tackle but another meh recruit.

    Its painfully obvious were missing out on our top OL targets (Tate Johnson spurned us for Auburn) and were now taking some reaches to make sure we have a full class of offensive linemen.
    Kinda like Shamire Devine. We aren't going to hit a dozen home runs any year, and eckspecially the first year. Maybe he's a reach, but you have to have enough players to dress out. The thing that is needed is a season of games to determine if this coach and this staff with these players can have some success. Yes, it might be a complete bust with 4-8 and then we'll know. But it might be 8-4 and the floodgates for talent will be fully open in 2021.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Mar 2019
    Posts

    171
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonwreck View Post
    Kinda like Shamire Devine. We aren't going to hit a dozen home runs any year, and eckspecially the first year. Maybe he's a reach, but you have to have enough players to dress out. The thing that is needed is a season of games to determine if this coach and this staff with these players can have some success. Yes, it might be a complete bust with 4-8 and then we'll know. But it might be 8-4 and the floodgates for talent will be fully open in 2021.
    Except Shamire Devine could’ve gone to any school he wanted to except for Alabama. He had offers from UGA, USC, Florida, Florida state and others. At the same point in their careers, this kid couldn’t hold Shamires jock.

    But I agree with the rest. He is definitely a reach but we’re trying to sign 5 offensive linemen, if the information I’m getting is correct. I think Jordan Williams is legit but the other 3, as of right now, look mediocre at best. Hopefully Key can work his magic. But we’re missing on our top targets at OL and hopefully we can get them next go around.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    6,892
    Quote Originally Posted by sga_jacket View Post
    Except Shamire Devine could’ve gone to any school he wanted to except for Alabama. He had offers from UGA, USC, Florida, Florida state and others. At the same point in their careers, this kid couldn’t hold Shamires jock.

    But I agree with the rest. He is definitely a reach but we’re trying to sign 5 offensive linemen, if the information I’m getting is correct. I think Jordan Williams is legit but the other 3, as of right now, look mediocre at best. Hopefully Key can work his magic. But we’re missing on our top targets at OL and hopefully we can get them next go around.
    But at the end of the day, after all the ballyhoo, Devine was a meh player. Never a fixture on a mediocre offensive line. Just saying this kid might be a project and he might be a diamond-in-the-rough.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Mar 2019
    Posts

    171
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonwreck View Post
    But at the end of the day, after all the ballyhoo, Devine was a meh player. Never a fixture on a mediocre offensive line. Just saying this kid might be a project and he might be a diamond-in-the-rough.
    Which you can say for literally every single player that’s recruited.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Sep 2012
    Posts

    3,421
    I wasn't impressed by his offer sheet either. The biggest difference between now and the past 11 years though....Brent Key will be coaching him rather than Mike Sewak.

    fingers crossed. About all you can do right now.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    1,637
    Jeeez......the kid will be fine. Do y'all really expect to be recruiting P-5 elite the first year of the change?
    "We're not here to have a Norman Vincent Peale "Power of Positive Thinking" get together or a Georgia Tech Football Revival Meeting."

    Jim Hart

    You win with people first. When you surround yourself with unbelievable men of character and relentless recruiters who give great effort and care about the student-athlete and want them to be successful in every single phase of their lives, and tie that together with a great place, you have a chance to build something special.

    Geoff Collins

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    1,109
    This is a reach but it's based on measurables. He's 6'7 and can deadlift 625 pounds. He may not pan out but this isn't a player we offered because we struck out with a bunch of other linemen.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Location

    wadley ga
    Posts

    8,369
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by sga_jacket View Post
    Which you can say for literally every single player that’s recruited.
    yep first step is get the kid and second is to coach him up...........think our staff can do this

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    6,892
    Quote Originally Posted by mack View Post
    yep first step is get the kid and second is to coach him up...........think our staff can do this
    He is 6-7 and might be 280 or 290 before he sees the field in college. You can't coach that, but he has size that will help us.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •