Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Georgia Tech & Geoff Collins: College Football's Next Sleeping Giant?"

This is a discussion on Georgia Tech & Geoff Collins: College Football's Next Sleeping Giant?" within the Georgia Tech Football forums, part of the Georgia Tech Sports Message Boards category; https://youtu.be/t7nijXkJXbc...

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    250

    Georgia Tech & Geoff Collins: College Football's Next Sleeping Giant?"



  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    6,892
    Quote Originally Posted by VaGT View Post
    Very good stuff. Off to a decent start, too. Thanks.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    1,637
    My SIL is involved with the UT recruiting staff. He says there is a lot of talk amongst his peers about what Collins is doing at Tech.
    "We're not here to have a Norman Vincent Peale "Power of Positive Thinking" get together or a Georgia Tech Football Revival Meeting."

    Jim Hart

    “You win with people first. When you surround yourself with unbelievable men of character and relentless recruiters who give great effort and care about the student-athlete and want them to be successful in every single phase of their lives, and tie that together with a great place, you have a chance to build something special.”

    Geoff Collins

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Sep 2012
    Posts

    3,421
    "Geoff Collins has taken over a Georgia Tech Football program that has been largely forgotten on the national scene"

    OMG - he's Throwing Shade at the previous coach!! He's just a hater!!

    /s

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Mar 2019
    Posts

    171
    Quote Originally Posted by RamblinWreck92 View Post
    "Geoff Collins has taken over a Georgia Tech Football program that has been largely forgotten on the national scene"

    OMG - he's Throwing Shade at the previous coach!! He's just a hater!!

    /s
    Lol more like throwing shade at every single coach we’ve had since Dodd.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    2,790
    Blog Entries
    1
    Sign this guy UP.!!! Send this out to every recruit.
    Also it is not ONLY that we can recruit the guys here ---but we can recruit the guys who WANT to be here.
    a
    The big question I have now is if CG can outlast the VERY DIFFICULT start that could last over 2 yrs (2020 schedule is a bear, I hear). The more I look at the DL and OL the more concerned I get.

  7. #7
    Administrator
    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Posts

    4,200
    Blog Entries
    5
    If Collins proves that you can recruit real good classes despite the academics, he should go into the GT Hall of Fame even if he never wins more than 6 games in a season and is the worst game day coach ever. To live the rest of my GT football watching life without hearing the academic excuse anymore would be a gift.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Sep 2012
    Posts

    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hart View Post
    If Collins proves that you can recruit real good classes despite the academics, he should go into the GT Hall of Fame even if he never wins more than 6 games in a season and is the worst game day coach ever. To live the rest of my GT football watching life without hearing the academic excuse anymore would be a gift.
    I'll take never having to hear "It Is What It Is" again or as I like to call it...the Mantra of Mediocrity.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    1,220
    Oh, I think Bobby Ross and George O'Leary did a very credible job matching up with the big boys of College Football. Collins may well be . At least for now he certainly is making some noise.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Mar 2019
    Posts

    171
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJacket View Post
    Oh, I think Bobby Ross and George O'Leary did a very credible job matching up with the big boys of College Football. Collins may well be . At least for now he certainly is making some noise.
    Not really. Ross was 31-26 in his tenure and yes, won the natty, but what about the other years? Mediocre to bad. Look, I’ll take the one natty but let’s not act like Ross was this amazing coach. Then O’Leary. Competing with the big boys? Played a weak schedule every year with the weakest version of the ACC we’ve seen, never beat FSU, weakest UGA program of the last 20 years, never won the conference, never made it to a BCS bowl. We all poo poo on Gailey and Johnson and get on our knees for O’Leary but they had a much tougher road than O’Leary ever did. Beating ranked Clemson’s, FSU, Auburn, Miami (Gailey best 3rd ranked Miami on the road), ACC title, top ten UGA, Orange bowls etc. You can’t say O’Leary did a great job “matching us against the big boys” and not say PJ did the same or Gailey did at times.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •