Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

I hate to say this

This is a discussion on I hate to say this within the Georgia Tech Football forums, part of the Georgia Tech Sports Message Boards category; Especially because of our Seniors, But I kinda, 1/2 heartedly, wish we were not going to a bowl. As I ...

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2016
    Posts

    470

    I hate to say this

    Especially because of our Seniors,

    But I kinda, 1/2 heartedly, wish we were not going to a bowl.

    As I said, I hate to say that because of our Seniors, but it is time to move on.

    And there is work to be done.


  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Posts

    4,051
    Blog Entries
    5
    I understand your desire to move on. However, it is a good opportunity for Coach Collins to meet the players' families and to evaluate the players and the program.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    1,410
    I think it's a great opportunity to do what Jim said.
    "We're not here to have a Norman Vincent Peale "Power of Positive Thinking" get together or a Georgia Tech Football Revival Meeting."

    Jim Hart

    "I don't think Tech will have another winning season under Paul Johnson, whether he stays another two years or ten years." 02/04/2018

    Yukonwreck.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Location

    wadley ga
    Posts

    8,150
    Blog Entries
    8
    Okay we are going and its good for the players but have a small voice that says ......we need to be on road to rucruit..........

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2016
    Posts

    470
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hart View Post
    I understand your desire to move on. However, it is a good opportunity for Coach Collins to meet the players' families and to evaluate the players and the program.
    Yeah, you are probably right.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    1,410
    Quote Originally Posted by mack View Post
    Okay we are going and its good for the players but have a small voice that says ......we need to be on road to recruit..........
    Collins is already doing so, I'm sure. CPJ will coach through the bowl leaving Collins to assemble staff and get out on the road depending upon "dead" and "quiet" time restrictions.
    "We're not here to have a Norman Vincent Peale "Power of Positive Thinking" get together or a Georgia Tech Football Revival Meeting."

    Jim Hart

    "I don't think Tech will have another winning season under Paul Johnson, whether he stays another two years or ten years." 02/04/2018

    Yukonwreck.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Sep 2012
    Posts

    3,212
    meh, it doesn't matter much at this point. We've got a HC in place so going to the bowl hurts no one. Let the seniors who suffered under CPJ go out with a road trip and hopefully a victory. CGC can use the time to meet everyone else.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    2,668
    Blog Entries
    1
    I think Tex is referring to time spent on an OLD Offense AND DEF that won't be used again. o well, it is what it is.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    1,410
    Quote Originally Posted by RamblinWreck92 View Post
    meh, it doesn't matter much at this point. We've got a HC in place so going to the bowl hurts no one. Let the seniors who suffered under CPJ go out with a road trip and hopefully a victory. CGC can use the time to meet everyone else.
    The seniors who "suffered" under CPJ? LOL. I think you would find he is highly supported by the seniors. You may hate him but the majority of his players are exactly that...his players.
    "We're not here to have a Norman Vincent Peale "Power of Positive Thinking" get together or a Georgia Tech Football Revival Meeting."

    Jim Hart

    "I don't think Tech will have another winning season under Paul Johnson, whether he stays another two years or ten years." 02/04/2018

    Yukonwreck.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Sep 2012
    Posts

    3,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    The seniors who "suffered" under CPJ? LOL. I think you would find he is highly supported by the seniors. You may hate him but the majority of his players are exactly that...his players.

    you're right - I meant "fans who suffered"

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •