Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Greg Schiano

This is a discussion on Greg Schiano within the Georgia Tech Football forums, part of the Georgia Tech Sports Message Boards category; Replaces Urban Meyer at Ohio State. Just kidding....

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    6,254

    Greg Schiano

    Replaces Urban Meyer at Ohio State.




    Just kidding.


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2016
    Posts

    347
    Took me about 5 minutes before I saw the "Just kidding".

    But it is nice to know my waitress knows the Heimlich technique.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    2,508
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonwreck View Post
    Replaces Urban Meyer at Ohio State.




    Just kidding.
    Hitting the sauce a bit early it seems.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    844
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonwreck View Post
    Replaces Urban Meyer at Ohio State.




    Just kidding.
    What's the over/under on the date that Jack Reale texts Ohio State that Paul Johnson is interested in the job.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    6,254
    Quote Originally Posted by 3518techie View Post
    What's the over/under on the date that Jack Reale texts Ohio State that Paul Johnson is interested in the job.
    Now, that there is funny, I don't care who you are.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    1,276
    Urban has been replaced by the OC, Ryan Day, as he is on paid administrative leave.

    It does not look good for Meyer but we will have to let the investigation run it's course.
    "We're not here to have a Norman Vincent Peale "Power of Positive Thinking" get together or a Georgia Tech Football Revival Meeting."

    Jim Hart

    "I don't think Tech will have another winning season under Paul Johnson, whether he stays another two years or ten years." 02/04/2018

    Yukonwreck.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Location

    Atlanta
    Posts

    723
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonwreck View Post
    Now, that there is funny, I don't care who you are.
    For sure, if PJ took the job he would have all the perks & facilities available that he desires at Tech.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    6,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    Urban has been replaced by the OC, Ryan Day, as he is on paid administrative leave.

    It does not look good for Meyer but we will have to let the investigation run it's course.
    This is certain to be controversial, but here goes. You are being paid $6 million a year to run the university's football team. An issue arises that requires you to "protect" the football program--which it is your responsibility to run successfully--or to react to reports that involve an individual's personal safety. While there appears to be some information suggesting a cover-up of sorts here, is there not some duty for coach to safeguard the financial position of the football enterprise? Isn't that what he is employed to do? I read some pundit saying Urban Meyer needs to be held accountable. Is the boss accountable for the behavior of the employee away from work? And for the record, I hate Urban Meyer, but it seems to me that if one of your employees robs a bank, it's not necessarily your responsibility. And yes, I get it, if you know your employee robs a bank, and you conceal that fact from authorities, you have a problem. But in this specific (and other) instances, the authorities were aware and were officially investigating. World has gone crazy.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    520
    He is gone. Will never coach at Ohio Sate again.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Location

    Decatur
    Posts

    1,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonwreck View Post
    This is certain to be controversial, but here goes. You are being paid $6 million a year to run the university's football team. An issue arises that requires you to "protect" the football program--which it is your responsibility to run successfully--or to react to reports that involve an individual's personal safety. While there appears to be some information suggesting a cover-up of sorts here, is there not some duty for coach to safeguard the financial position of the football enterprise? Isn't that what he is employed to do? I read some pundit saying Urban Meyer needs to be held accountable. Is the boss accountable for the behavior of the employee away from work? And for the record, I hate Urban Meyer, but it seems to me that if one of your employees robs a bank, it's not necessarily your responsibility. And yes, I get it, if you know your employee robs a bank, and you conceal that fact from authorities, you have a problem. But in this specific (and other) instances, the authorities were aware and were officially investigating. World has gone crazy.
    I've never had the power and influence that UM has developed over his career but that power and influence can be intoxicating to the point that you believe some things just don't take on the importance that they should. With the apparent facts that have been uncovered to date and if they play out as they should, then UM should be gone from D1 coaching forever. We'll see how bad OSU wants to maintain their position in the upper echelon status with UM as their leader of if they want to cut their losses right now, take a hit in the short-term, move on from UM, and see what status they retain.
    Get off my lawn.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •