Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

High-paid Tech officials misuse tax money

This is a discussion on High-paid Tech officials misuse tax money within the Georgia Tech Football forums, part of the Georgia Tech Sports Message Boards category; ...

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    1,323

    High-paid Tech officials misuse tax money

    “They should have never let this happen in the first place,” Williams said. “From day one, there should have been internal controls and a little bit of common sense. Someone at the university, someone in this whole chain of events, should have said, ‘Wait a second, why are we spending money on this? Who signed off on it?’”

    Peterson needs to go.



    Four Georgia Tech officials caught in spending scandals
    "We're not here to have a Norman Vincent Peale "Power of Positive Thinking" get together or a Georgia Tech Football Revival Meeting."

    Jim Hart

    "I don't think Tech will have another winning season under Paul Johnson, whether he stays another two years or ten years." 02/04/2018

    Yukonwreck.


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    2,598
    Blog Entries
    1
    I'll bet if a CLOSE look was made the AA also has some of this crap.
    They also need to ask Peterson about Ath Dir hirings that bit us in the ass.HE HAS TO be responsible--not the AA board.
    An example of EVERY university that has too much tax money.Keep raising tuition,etc. Also, his answer is TO HIRE ANOTHER VP! amazing

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    6,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    “They should have never let this happen in the first place,” Williams said. “From day one, there should have been internal controls and a little bit of common sense. Someone at the university, someone in this whole chain of events, should have said, ‘Wait a second, why are we spending money on this? Who signed off on it?’”

    Peterson needs to go.





    Four Georgia Tech officials caught in spending scandals
    Certainly not a good look.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Location

    wadley ga
    Posts

    8,035
    Blog Entries
    8
    Man this is awful news...............who is in charge is my question ?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Sep 2012
    Posts

    3,095
    what a pack of idiots. Glad they were immediately fired upon discovery and hopefully legal prosecution will occur.

  6. #6
    Administrator
    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Posts

    3,998
    Blog Entries
    5
    Maybe some undeserving employees were given contract extensions because they knew too much?

  7. #7
    Administrator
    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Posts

    3,998
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    “They should have never let this happen in the first place,” Williams said. “From day one, there should have been internal controls and a little bit of common sense. Someone at the university, someone in this whole chain of events, should have said, ‘Wait a second, why are we spending money on this? Who signed off on it?’”

    Peterson needs to go.



    Four Georgia Tech officials caught in spending scandals
    If you are looking for an argument from this crowd, I don't think you will get one, Combat.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    1,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hart View Post
    If you are looking for an argument from this crowd, I don't think you will get one, Combat.
    No argument being looked for. Informational purposes and I am interested in responses. I'm aware of the feelings on here for "the hill". This reinforces those feelings, IMO.

    It does not look good. Maybe we'll see just how strong Peterson is with the Board of Regents.
    "We're not here to have a Norman Vincent Peale "Power of Positive Thinking" get together or a Georgia Tech Football Revival Meeting."

    Jim Hart

    "I don't think Tech will have another winning season under Paul Johnson, whether he stays another two years or ten years." 02/04/2018

    Yukonwreck.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2016
    Posts

    432
    There are a ton of Kool aide drinkers (almost exclusively on other boards) who refuse to see some things that have been going on.

    This is not the first time this has happened undef Peterson and his watch.

    The portion of the report referencing “lack of common sense” speaks volumes. This is often, in my experience, not uncommon in a GT education and the thought process Not taught.

    We have had administrators steal from the state via credit card fraud, we have had 2, I believe, foreign students arrested by the F.B.I. due to terroristic threats (not sure if details), we have a continual Alumni Assn attitude of arrogance towards the GTAA while expecting the GTAA to give back to them, and now we have this.

    Around 20 months ago a young man in our community wanted to go to GT. He was born in Ga. His parents were born in Ga. They have paid taxes in Ga their entire adult life. He was valedictorian of his high school class. His best friend at the same school applied to GT as well. The young man we know had a higher G.P.A. and scored, just slightly, higher on the S.A.T. He was a soccer athlete. His friend, from what I know a decent young man, not as involved in the community.

    His friend was admitted to GT, the young man we know was not.

    Besides all the pluses our friends son had - there was one other difference.

    He was a native Georgian wanting to go to GT. His friend was an exchange student from India. He got preference, not because of better score or grades, but because he was not a native Georgian. (Our friends son is at Harvard now).

    This just exemplifies some of the arrogance that has crept into the administration mindset at GT.

    And I know it filters down to the GTAA. Wonder why we have trouble selling tickets?
    Last edited by Texshooter; 08-01-2018 at 09:42 AM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    6,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Texshooter View Post
    There are a ton of Kool aide drinkers (almost exclusively on other boards) who refuse to see some things that have been going on.

    This is not the first time this has happened undef Peterson and his watch.

    The portion of the report referencing “lack of common sense” speaks volumes. This is often, in my experience, not uncommon in a GT education and the thought process Not taught.

    We have had administrators steal from the state via credit card fraud, we have had 2, I believe, foreign students arrested by the F.B.I. due to terroristic threats (not sure if details), we have a continual Alumni Assn attitude of arrogance towards the GTAA while expecting the GTAA to give back to them, and now we have this.

    Around 20 months ago a young man in our community wanted to go to GT. He was born in Ga. His parents were born in Ga. They have paid taxes in Ga their entire adult life. He was valedictorian of his high school class. His best friend at the same school applied to GT as well. The young man we know had a higher G.P.A. and scored, just slightly, higher on the S.A.T. He was a soccer athlete. His friend, from what I know a decent young man, not as involved in the community.

    His friend was admitted to GT, the young man we know was not.

    Besides all the pluses our friends son had - there was one other difference.

    He was a native Georgian wanting to go to GT. His friend was an exchange student from India. He got preference, not because of better score or grades, but because he was not a native Georgian. (Our friends son is at Harvard now).

    This just exemplifies some of the arrogance that has crept into the administration mindset at GT.

    And I know it filters down to the GTAA. Wonder why we have trouble selling tickets?
    Foreign students getting preference is nothing new, and is not confined to Georgia Tech. But I agree, it sucks.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •