Results 1 to 10 of 10

SEC Media Days in Atlanta

This is a discussion on SEC Media Days in Atlanta within the Georgia Tech Football forums, part of the Georgia Tech Sports Message Boards category; How excited are you to watch the extensive TV coverage of SEC Media Days in Atlanta this week? I was ...

  1. #1
    Administrator
    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Posts

    3,938
    Blog Entries
    5

    SEC Media Days in Atlanta

    How excited are you to watch the extensive TV coverage of SEC Media Days in Atlanta this week?

    I was listening to the radio tonight, the radio guy said he was watching ESPN's SEC Media coverage today. He said it looked like coverage of the Presidential election night. About 25 talking heads breathlessly discussing SEC Media Days and what will happen like it is life or death.


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    1,276
    Interested to see what they say about Tennessee as I have a family member on staff. Otherwise really won't pay much attention.


    May look at Auburn as my 2 daughters went there.
    "We're not here to have a Norman Vincent Peale "Power of Positive Thinking" get together or a Georgia Tech Football Revival Meeting."

    Jim Hart

    "I don't think Tech will have another winning season under Paul Johnson, whether he stays another two years or ten years." 02/04/2018

    Yukonwreck.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    6,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hart View Post
    How excited are you to watch the extensive TV coverage of SEC Media Days in Atlanta this week?

    I was listening to the radio tonight, the radio guy said he was watching ESPN's SEC Media coverage today. He said it looked like coverage of the Presidential election night. About 25 talking heads breathlessly discussing SEC Media Days and what will happen like it is life or death.
    Football is a big deal with a lot of us, we can't deny it. But the SEC network is reaching the saturation limit IMHO. I haven't been able to sit thru an entire Finebaum show in a couple of years. It's just recycled over and over and over again.

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Posts

    3,938
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonwreck View Post
    Football is a big deal with a lot of us, we can't deny it. But the SEC network is reaching the saturation limit IMHO. I haven't been able to sit thru an entire Finebaum show in a couple of years. It's just recycled over and over and over again.
    I don't watch the SEC network unless there's a game I want to watch. The SEC has become the neo Notre Dame. Like you say, oversaturated and because of that the whole SEC deal is nauseating.

  5. #5
    Administrator
    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Posts

    3,938
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    Interested to see what they say about Tennessee as I have a family member on staff. Otherwise really won't pay much attention.


    May look at Auburn as my 2 daughters went there.
    You aren't missing much, Combat. Take Bama out and the SEC is the ACC.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Location

    wadley ga
    Posts

    7,873
    Blog Entries
    8
    Football teams in SEC are loaded with talent...tbe three teams loaded this yr are bama....ga..and the LAU tigers....LSU if they get a q.b can play with anybody

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hart View Post
    You aren't missing much, Combat. Take Bama out and the SEC is the ACC.
    I heard that.
    "We're not here to have a Norman Vincent Peale "Power of Positive Thinking" get together or a Georgia Tech Football Revival Meeting."

    Jim Hart

    "I don't think Tech will have another winning season under Paul Johnson, whether he stays another two years or ten years." 02/04/2018

    Yukonwreck.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    844
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hart View Post
    How excited are you to watch the extensive TV coverage of SEC Media Days in Atlanta this week?

    I was listening to the radio tonight, the radio guy said he was watching ESPN's SEC Media coverage today. He said it looked like coverage of the Presidential election night. About 25 talking heads breathlessly discussing SEC Media Days and what will happen like it is life or death.
    It is not as an interesting as past years with Spurrier. I remember one year Fulmer didn't go to Birmingham because some Alabama coaches were trying to serve him with a subpoena because they thought Fulmer reported Bama to the NCAA. I think the coaches were suing the NCAA at the time. Really, not much news from it.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    2,508
    Blog Entries
    1
    Yuk! who cares?

  10. #10
    Administrator
    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Posts

    3,938
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by 3518techie View Post
    It is not as an interesting as past years with Spurrier. I remember one year Fulmer didn't go to Birmingham because some Alabama coaches were trying to serve him with a subpoena because they thought Fulmer reported Bama to the NCAA. I think the coaches were suing the NCAA at the time. Really, not much news from it.
    Those media days things have become more junk sports type events.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •