Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

New LB recruit

This is a discussion on New LB recruit within the Georgia Tech Football forums, part of the Georgia Tech Sports Message Boards category; 6-4,210 outside LB, from Tenn-ranked 25th? in state.Have a pipeline going. . A tall gangly DE who will play OLB ...

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    2,668
    Blog Entries
    1

    New LB recruit

    6-4,210 outside LB, from Tenn-ranked 25th? in state.Have a pipeline going.
    . A tall gangly DE who will play OLB for us.Good straight line speed (less lateral ability) pursues well and keeps blockers off with long arms.Will need to put on weight and get stronger but has good potential.
    Nice to get guy near the line.
    Weird--So far except for one OL, our heaviest guy is a QB. out of 9, hmmmm


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Sep 2012
    Posts

    3,212
    At least this kid was being pursued by some P5 schools. I think he's got some potential, perhaps as a backline run-support SS? Like you, I think he needs to bulk up regardless but he's got a year to do that.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    1,410
    Chico Bennett Jr. will be a force in another year or two. His commitment follows a nice string of LB's in the last couple years. He'll fit in nicely with the new scheme.
    "We're not here to have a Norman Vincent Peale "Power of Positive Thinking" get together or a Georgia Tech Football Revival Meeting."

    Jim Hart

    "I don't think Tech will have another winning season under Paul Johnson, whether he stays another two years or ten years." 02/04/2018

    Yukonwreck.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    6,631
    Quote Originally Posted by RamblinWreck92 View Post
    At least this kid was being pursued by some P5 schools. I think he's got some potential, perhaps as a backline run-support SS? Like you, I think he needs to bulk up r egardless but he's got a year to do that.
    the jury is still way, way out, but we can at least hope that Nate Woody is a new set of eyes judging high school talent. Perhaps he has a better idea of the kind of player he needs for his system. And given his background, and the backgrounds of the assistants he brought with him, I am certain they are looking under rocks in locations Tech recruiters haven't been active in for a while, if ever. I still maintain that the improvement in recruiting is a must, but it doesn't mean we have to start rounding up four and five star players in bunches. We need a couple, plus better middle tier players. And if we need LB, we should recruit LB's. We have been going after players with the idea that we can turn a DB into a SS, or an ATH into a qb. It is almost July, and I don't think we are 100% certain who is going to play quarterback this fall. I looks like TaQuon who missed the spring game, but we can't say for sure. But I guarantee that not even Coach Candeto has a clue as to who will start in 2019. If there is a "two-deep" somewhere, it is in someone's head. I may be totally wrong, but it just seems disorganized.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    2,668
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by RamblinWreck92 View Post
    At least this kid was being pursued by some P5 schools. I think he's got some potential, perhaps as a backline run-support SS? Like you, I think he needs to bulk up regardless but he's got a year to do that.
    92,
    Looking at tape he showed almost NO pass def exp while playing as a DE.So most likely ,he will put on weight and play as OLB or as a "rush end".

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    2,668
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonwreck View Post
    the jury is still way, way out, but we can at least hope that Nate Woody is a new set of eyes judging high school talent. Perhaps he has a better idea of the kind of player he needs for his system. And given his background, and the backgrounds of the assistants he brought with him, I am certain they are looking under rocks in locations Tech recruiters haven't been active in for a while, if ever. I still maintain that the improvement in recruiting is a must, but it doesn't mean we have to start rounding up four and five star players in bunches. We need a couple, plus better middle tier players. And if we need LB, we should recruit LB's. We have been going after players with the idea that we can turn a DB into a SS, or an ATH into a qb. It is almost July, and I don't think we are 100% certain who is going to play quarterback this fall. I looks like TaQuon who missed the spring game, but we can't say for sure. But I guarantee that not even Coach Candeto has a clue as to who will start in 2019. If there is a "two-deep" somewhere, it is in someone's head. I may be totally wrong, but it just seems disorganized.
    Looking at this class, it is SCARY that there is almost NO meat (DLs and OLs).In fact,almost ALL the rest need to be BIGUNS.--I'm waiting for PJ to announce that he has a 255lb QB that may change to OL /DL if he doesn't work out at QB.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    6,631
    Quote Originally Posted by alagold View Post
    Looking at this class, it is SCARY that there is almost NO meat (DLs and OLs).In fact,almost ALL the rest need to be BIGUNS.--I'm waiting for PJ to announce that he has a 255lb QB that may change to OL /DL if he doesn't work out at QB.
    That would be funny if it wasn't liable to happen.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    1,410
    Quote Originally Posted by alagold View Post
    92,
    Looking at tape he showed almost NO pass def exp while playing as a DE.So most likely ,he will put on weight and play as OLB or as a "rush end".
    You and 92 are a joke and a pessimist. I can tell you right now, Texas A & M and Tennessee wanted him desperately. We could draft a damn 5 star and you would find fault.
    "We're not here to have a Norman Vincent Peale "Power of Positive Thinking" get together or a Georgia Tech Football Revival Meeting."

    Jim Hart

    "I don't think Tech will have another winning season under Paul Johnson, whether he stays another two years or ten years." 02/04/2018

    Yukonwreck.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Sep 2012
    Posts

    3,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    You and 92 are a joke and a pessimist. I can tell you right now, Texas A & M and Tennessee wanted him desperately. We could draft a damn 5 star and you would find fault.
    wow, I expressed nothing but optimism about the guy.

    What proof do you have the A&M and UT wanted him 'desperately'?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    1,410
    A & M was mentioned in several articles as targeting him. Let me see if I can find it. A family member is heavily involved in helping to right the ship at UT.
    "We're not here to have a Norman Vincent Peale "Power of Positive Thinking" get together or a Georgia Tech Football Revival Meeting."

    Jim Hart

    "I don't think Tech will have another winning season under Paul Johnson, whether he stays another two years or ten years." 02/04/2018

    Yukonwreck.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •