Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Ma Tech Lives!

This is a discussion on Ma Tech Lives! within the Georgia Tech Football forums, part of the Georgia Tech Sports Message Boards category; Called the GTAA today to purchase tickets to the USF game, since I live here in Tampa. They have tickets, ...

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    6,254

    Ma Tech Lives!

    Called the GTAA today to purchase tickets to the USF game, since I live here in Tampa. They have tickets, and they admitted they won't sell all of the allotment and will end up returning tickets to South Florida. Will they sell me five tickets? No they will not, I am not a season ticket holder and I am not an active donor. So, the South Florida Bulls play in the stadium where the Buccaneers play and draw about 35,000 on a good night. I suppose I will contact USF and see if they will sell me some tickets.


  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Posts

    3,938
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonwreck View Post
    Called the GTAA today to purchase tickets to the USF game, since I live here in Tampa. They have tickets, and they admitted they won't sell all of the allotment and will end up returning tickets to South Florida. Will they sell me five tickets? No they will not, I am not a season ticket holder and I am not an active donor. So, the South Florida Bulls play in the stadium where the Buccaneers play and draw about 35,000 on a good night. I suppose I will contact USF and see if they will sell me some tickets.
    Yuk, in other words you not only don't buy season tix, you donate much either.. That is the college football fan version of persona non grata.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    6,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hart View Post
    Yuk, in other words you not only don't buy season tix, you donate much either.. That is the college football fan version of persona non grata.
    Yes, guilty as charged. But it is not like they are selling out every game. Far from it. I am in Tampa and will get tickets from Ticketron. Tech will send back unsold allotment rather than bend their policy. I understand prioritizing, eason ticket holders and donors to the head of the line, but this is kinda redonkolus. I guess the logic is, if we sell tickets to deadbeat alumni once every ten years, then the donors and season ticket holders will think, "hell, I can get tickets without the prerequisite donations and season ticket purchases" and donations and season ticket sales would drop. It makes sense, only if they are completely selling out. Back in the Dodd era, my dad being an alum was the only way you could by tickets. But they were the only big time sports event in Atlanta, and Georgia was bad. GTAA is way over-valueing their product.
    Last edited by Yukonwreck; 06-08-2018 at 07:10 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonwreck View Post
    Called the GTAA today to purchase tickets to the USF game, since I live here in Tampa. They have tickets, and they admitted they won't sell all of the allotment and will end up returning tickets to South Florida. Will they sell me five tickets? No they will not, I am not a season ticket holder and I am not an active donor. So, the South Florida Bulls play in the stadium where the Buccaneers play and draw about 35,000 on a good night. I suppose I will contact USF and see if they will sell me some tickets.
    That's just plain wrong.
    "We're not here to have a Norman Vincent Peale "Power of Positive Thinking" get together or a Georgia Tech Football Revival Meeting."

    Jim Hart

    "I don't think Tech will have another winning season under Paul Johnson, whether he stays another two years or ten years." 02/04/2018

    Yukonwreck.

  5. #5
    Administrator
    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Posts

    3,938
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonwreck View Post
    Yes, guilty as charged. But it is not like they are selling out every game. Far from it. I am in Tampa and will get tickets from Ticketron. Tech will send back unsold allotment rather than bend their policy. I understand prioritizing, eason ticket holders and donors to the head of the line, but this is kinda redonkolus. I guess the logic is, if we sell tickets to deadbeat alumni once every ten years, then the donors and season ticket holders will think, "hell, I can get tickets without the prerequisite donations and season ticket purchases" and donations and season ticket sales would drop. It makes sense, only if they are completely selling out. Back in the Dodd era, my dad being an alum was the only way you could by tickets. But they were the only big time sports event in Atlanta, and Georgia was bad. GTAA is way over-valueing their product.
    It doesn't make sense. If they can get you doing business with them and it is a good experience, they have the opportunity to have you buy/donate more.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    2,508
    Blog Entries
    1
    Ma Tech may be at the AA but I read on another site that only THREE % of FR starts at Tech flunk out these days. .WHAT!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Location

    Atlanta
    Posts

    723
    It wouldbe worth your time to send that exchange in an email to Stansbury. He may really not know what's going on.

  8. #8
    Administrator
    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Posts

    3,938
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by alagold View Post
    Ma Tech may be at the AA but I read on another site that only THREE % of FR starts at Tech flunk out these days. .WHAT!
    Are kids more dedicated nowadays or has GT academics gotten easier?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    6,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hart View Post
    Are kids more dedicated nowadays or has GT academics gotten easier?
    Maybe some of both, but we may be recruiting guys that can handle the load better. And that is not bad. I just suggest there are better players out there that can handle the academics. I refer to your earlier comments about having a bad salesman.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Location

    wadley ga
    Posts

    7,873
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonwreck View Post
    Maybe some of both, but we may be recruiting guys that can handle the load better. And that is not bad. I just suggest there are better players out there that can handle the academics. I refer to your earlier comments about having a bad salesman.
    Will say it again its getting players not facilities in my book........when you are in 45 place in recruiting and six to eight teams you play have better recruiting than you do...........well it can be taxing.Libeal art schools once they get decent coaching seem to eat out lunch.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •