Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Stansbury moving in the right firection.

This is a discussion on Stansbury moving in the right firection. within the Georgia Tech Football forums, part of the Georgia Tech Sports Message Boards category; ...

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    1,276

    Stansbury moving in the right firection.

    “I think that, unfortunately, resources equate to wins,” he told the board. “There’s no way around it.”

    Todd Stansbury on capital campaign:¬*‚€˜Resources equate to wins‚€™
    "We're not here to have a Norman Vincent Peale "Power of Positive Thinking" get together or a Georgia Tech Football Revival Meeting."

    Jim Hart

    "I don't think Tech will have another winning season under Paul Johnson, whether he stays another two years or ten years." 02/04/2018

    Yukonwreck.


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Location

    wadley ga
    Posts

    7,873
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    “I think that, unfortunately, resources equate to wins,” he told the board. “There’s no way around it.”

    Todd Stansbury on capital campaign:¬*‚€˜Resources equate to wins‚€™
    No doubt it is a great factor but still to many its what you do on the field and sometimes we dont put a good product out there.I know folks would go wild but I would move the field somewhere on subs of Atlanta so folks could tailgate and .........not have their car broken into.Still not happy with extension of PJ but its a done deal.We need to spend some jack no doubt about it............

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    6,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    “I think that, unfortunately, resources equate to wins,” he told the board. “There’s no way around it.”

    Todd Stansbury on capital campaign:¬*‚€˜Resources equate to wins‚€™
    Yes, resources enhance our ability to recruit, get better players, and in that sense maybe equate to wins. But, although inferior to some of the football factories like Clempsen or FSU, or Georgia, our facilities are not currently terrible like they were in the late 70's and early 80's. We have steadily improved our physical facilities for the last 30 years. Our facilities are not palatial and state of the art, but they are not chopped liver either. The facilities aren't the underlying cause of 3-9 or 11-3. We do need to upgrade the athletic department and modernization, technology, and innovation is what we should be about. Would we win more games if we had chair-back seats? Or would we have chair-back seats if we won more games?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    6,254
    Quote Originally Posted by mack View Post
    No doubt it is a great factor but still to many its what you do on the field and sometimes we dont put a good product out there.I know folks would go wild but I would move the field somewhere on subs of Atlanta so folks could tailgate and .........not have their car broken into.Still not happy with extension of PJ but its a done deal.We need to spend some jack no doubt about it............
    We can't spend money we don't have. There is a reason we have a budget that is in the lower third of the conference. But we are only 3 or 4% out of being in the middle third. If we start to spend just a small amount more, we'd be in the middle.
    Last edited by Yukonwreck; 06-08-2018 at 10:38 AM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Sep 2012
    Posts

    2,939
    We need better facilities to compete with the Clemsons and mutts on our schedule but not ****ing Duke and the Cadavers.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    6,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonwreck View Post
    Yes, resources enhance our ability to recruit, get better players, and in that sense maybe equate to wins. But, although inferior to some of the football factories like Clempsen or FSU, or Georgia, our facilities are not currently terrible like they were in the late 70's and early 80's. We have steadily improved our physical facilities for the last 30 years. Our facilities are not palatial and state of the art, but they are not chopped liver either. The facilities aren't the underlying cause of 3-9 or 11-3. We do need to upgrade the athletic department and modernization, technology, and innovation is what we should be about. Would we win more games if we had chair-back seats? Or would we have chair-back seats if we won more games?
    In 2015-2016 here were the top ten athletic budgets in the country. Do resources equate to wins?

    1 Texas A & M
    2 Texas
    3 Ohio State
    4 Alabama
    5 Michigan
    6 Oklahoma
    7 LSU
    8 Florida
    9 Tennessee
    10 Auburn

    Georgia Tech was #51, spending less than half of what the top schools spent. Other notable programs : Georgia #15; Clempsen #27; Central Florida #53; James Madison #59

    I am certain money helps, but it is not a cure all.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    1,276
    Good to see us offering 2021 players like Chauncey Magwood. Shows the results of an expanded staff in the analyst department.
    "We're not here to have a Norman Vincent Peale "Power of Positive Thinking" get together or a Georgia Tech Football Revival Meeting."

    Jim Hart

    "I don't think Tech will have another winning season under Paul Johnson, whether he stays another two years or ten years." 02/04/2018

    Yukonwreck.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Location

    wadley ga
    Posts

    7,873
    Blog Entries
    8
    Again the triple option is not condusive to recruiting in my book....but ;you guys have heard that before.....

  9. #9
    Administrator
    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Posts

    3,938
    Blog Entries
    5
    You can spend more than anyone for facilities, product development, management, etc. But when you have a lousy salesman/salesmen you still lose. I don't expect any GT grads or other engineers hanging around here to understand this simple sales/marketing concept. Maybe if I built a diagram and configure this concept into a structure of some sort and run and distribute blueprints it would be understandable..

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    2,508
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonwreck View Post
    Yes, resources enhance our ability to recruit, get better players, and in that sense maybe equate to wins. But, although inferior to some of the football factories like Clempsen or FSU, or Georgia, our facilities are not currently terrible like they were in the late 70's and early 80's. We have steadily improved our physical facilities for the last 30 years. Our facilities are not palatial and state of the art, but they are not chopped liver either. The facilities aren't the underlying cause of 3-9 or 11-3. We do need to upgrade the athletic department and modernization, technology, and innovation is what we should be about. Would we win more games if we had chair-back seats? Or would we have chair-back seats if we won more games?
    I may be in a minority but find it hard to believe that we will magically improve our record by changing to Adidas.You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig.

 

 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •