Results 1 to 10 of 10

Charlie Strong Cleaning House?

This is a discussion on Charlie Strong Cleaning House? within the Georgia Tech Football forums, part of the Georgia Tech Sports Message Boards category; Texas coach Charlie Strong suspends 2 more starters From Week One to Week Two Texas will have new qb, and ...

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    4,966

    Charlie Strong Cleaning House?

    Texas coach Charlie Strong suspends 2 more starters

    From Week One to Week Two Texas will have new qb, and two new starters on the line. Rules is rules. Good for Coach Strong. Maybe getting a hint that Uncle Mack had let things slide a bit.


    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...me-byu-cougars
    Last edited by Yukonwreck; 09-04-2014 at 10:15 AM.


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Location

    wadley ga
    Posts

    4,840
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonwreck View Post
    Texas coach Charlie Strong suspends 2 more starters

    From Week One to Week Two Texas will have new qb, and two new starters on the line. Rules is rules. Good for Coach Strong. Maybe getting a hint that Uncle Mack had let things slide a bit.


    Texas Longhorns suspend two offensive tackles for game against BYU Cougars - ESPN
    Read how TX is being transformed into a Strong team this year.Guy takes no prisoners and TX will be back soon.He is good coach and has paid his dues.He knows both sides of the ball. Of course not having a crystal ball like some I have no idea what happened to Mac but its clear the alums were ready tosee him go.Losing has a way of making you mortal does it not. ?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Location

    Decatur
    Posts

    1,386
    Quote Originally Posted by mack View Post
    Read how TX is being transformed into a Strong team this year.Guy takes no prisoners and TX will be back soon.He is good coach and has paid his dues.He knows both sides of the ball. Of course not having a crystal ball like some I have no idea what happened to Mac but its clear the alums were ready tosee him go.Losing has a way of making you mortal does it not. ?
    IMO, the Mack Brown brand just got stale and the whole program needed a change with new energy. That is another of the old time powerhouses that I hope gets reborn.
    Get off my lawn.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    4,966
    Quote Originally Posted by LongforDodd View Post
    IMO, the Mack Brown brand just got stale and the whole program needed a change with new energy. That is another of the old time powerhouses that I hope gets reborn.
    Gawd Almighty we need a new coach.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Location

    wadley ga
    Posts

    4,840
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by yukonwreck View Post
    gawd almighty we need a new coach.
    now dude we change and we fall into the trash can....

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    9,591
    Texas is old news. A&M is the new king of Texas and they can thank the SEC for that. Texas home-grown talent plus SEC appeal and they may become quite the juggernaut.

    Aggies Named Most Popular College Football Team in Texas - KABB - San Antonio Maximum Sports - News, Sports, Weather, Traffic

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    4,966
    Quote Originally Posted by HelluvaMGTmjr View Post
    Texas is old news. A&M is the new king of Texas and they can thank the SEC for that. Texas home-grown talent plus SEC appeal and they may become quite the juggernaut.

    Aggies Named Most Popular College Football Team in Texas - KABB - San Antonio Maximum Sports - News, Sports, Weather, Traffic
    Heard commentary that the decision Texas made to stay in the Big 12 instead of taking the invitation to join the Pac 12 a few years ago will be their undoing. The Big 12 is the odds-on favorite to be left out of the playoff. For kids, the prospects of traveling to towns like Waco, Manhattan Kansas, Iowa City, Morgantown or Stillwater is not that exciting.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Location

    wadley ga
    Posts

    4,840
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by HelluvaMGTmjr View Post
    Texas is old news. A&M is the new king of Texas and they can thank the SEC for that. Texas home-grown talent plus SEC appeal and they may become quite the juggernaut.

    Aggies Named Most Popular College Football Team in Texas - KABB - San Antonio Maximum Sports - News, Sports, Weather, Traffic
    TEXAS will be back and soon.Strong is a media favorite and good coach.Tuey still get the exposure and the talent but AM is coming.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    4,966
    Quote Originally Posted by mack View Post
    TEXAS will be back and soon.Strong is a media favorite and good coach.Tuey still get the exposure and the talent but AM is coming.
    Jamal Tuey, their freshman phenom CB?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Location

    wadley ga
    Posts

    4,840
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonwreck View Post
    Jamal Tuey, their freshman phenom CB?
    Tx is probably as good year in and out as anybody even hallowed Bama.I see folks flocking to the Longhorns and if they get a good start he will be very popular with the fans.Charlie takes no prisioners and you play for him and follow the rules or.........you are missing from formation.........

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •