Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Way Too Early Prediction - the Bitcoin Bowl in St. Petersburg????

This is a discussion on Way Too Early Prediction - the Bitcoin Bowl in St. Petersburg???? within the Georgia Tech Football forums, part of the Georgia Tech Sports Message Boards category; Never heard of it. We' shall see.... College Football Bowl Projections for 2014 | AthlonSports.com Go JACKETS! THWG!...

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    476

    Way Too Early Prediction - the Bitcoin Bowl in St. Petersburg????

    Never heard of it. We' shall see....

    College Football Bowl Projections for 2014 | AthlonSports.com

    Go JACKETS! THWG!


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Sep 2012
    Posts

    1,620
    I'd like to think we're better than 10th place in the weak ACC.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    4,739
    Quote Originally Posted by RamblinWreck92 View Post
    I'd like to think we're better than 10th place in the weak ACC.
    You are allowed to think that. But here are eight that are probably ahead of us as of today, making us NINTH?? FSU, Clempsen, Miami, VPI, UNC, Louisville, Duke, Pittsburgh.

    Are we clearly the best of the rest: Georgia Tech, Boston College, Wake, NCST, Virginia, and Syracuse? Would you bet your mortgage payment on it? All you have to do is be the best of those last six teams. That is not a lock, now, is it?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    4,739
    South Florida was 2-10 last year, 10-25 over the past 3 years. But somebody has them ( and their new, young, charismatic coach) turning it around. But you would be just as accurate to predict Kansas to make it to the playoffs at this point.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    1,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonwreck View Post
    You are allowed to think that. But here are eight that are probably ahead of us as of today, making us NINTH?? FSU, Clempsen, Miami, VPI, UNC, Louisville, Duke, Pittsburgh.

    Are we clearly the best of the rest: Georgia Tech, Boston College, Wake, NCST, Virginia, and Syracuse? Would you bet your mortgage payment on it? All you have to do is be the best of those last six teams. That is not a lock, now, is it?
    And three of those first eight you mentioned we beat last season, one of them we absolutely curb stomped and another we beat by double digits. But sure, those teams are ahead of us.

    Yes, we clearly are the best of the rest. It's not saying much but good gosh we aren't as bad as you like to portray. We beat UVA handily last year and we turned the ball over 100 times. We beat Syracuse 56-0. Who would beat us out of that group? I guess we'll see if UVA or NC State will.

    Sorry for butting in the conversation.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    1,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonwreck View Post
    South Florida was 2-10 last year, 10-25 over the past 3 years. But somebody has them ( and their new, young, charismatic coach) turning it around. But you would be just as accurate to predict Kansas to make it to the playoffs at this point.
    Yep, 2-10 sure is "turning it around." But we'll see how far this young and energetic coach gets them. Shouldn't be too hard to recruit there and they get a cupcake schedule that makes the ACC look like the SEC west.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    4,739
    Quote Originally Posted by CobbTech View Post
    And three of those first eight you mentioned we beat last season, one of them we absolutely curb stomped and another we beat by double digits. But sure, those teams are ahead of us.

    Yes, we clearly are the best of the rest. It's not saying much but good gosh we aren't as bad as you like to portray. We beat UVA handily last year and we turned the ball over 100 times. We beat Syracuse 56-0. Who would beat us out of that group? I guess we'll see if UVA or NC State will.

    Sorry for butting in the conversation.
    Bet your mortgage on it. Tech finishes higher than Boston College, Wake, UVA, NCST, and Syracuse. Virginia might be in a death spiral, but they might play to save London's job. NCST we play up there at a point when our season might be a lost cause. As for last year, that was last year. This team and this program has an identifiable trend. Pittsburgh at our house was within one score, and only a circus catch by Smelter saved that game, this year we go North. VPI at Enter Sandman Stadium where we've played so well in recent years. Duke won 10 games---say what you will it is still 9+1. They scared the Beejezus out of Manziel. Syracuse got bushwacked, no doubt, but that was last year. I know I am not going to convince you, but we are not a good football team. You axed when I saw good football. I saw 90% of the home games from about 1958 thru 1973. And then sporadically in person, but with the aid of TV since then. I say GOOD football as opposed to winning football. For the last 20 years except for rare seasons, we have not played very well. Even in winning, there are flaws. Playing well to me, translates to having a chance to win a game, even in the games we lose. We win some games now when we play poorly. And we lose games now--every season against quality opposition--when it is clear from the first five minutes we have almost no chance to win. We aren't prepared to play. I know this is quintessential old fart stuff, but there was a time when Tech could be 3-3, playing a top ten team, and the outcome was in doubt for the entire game.
    Last edited by Yukonwreck; 07-07-2014 at 05:08 PM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Sep 2012
    Posts

    1,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonwreck View Post
    You are allowed to think that. But here are eight that are probably ahead of us as of today, making us NINTH?? FSU, Clempsen, Miami, VPI, UNC, Louisville, Duke, Pittsburgh.

    Are we clearly the best of the rest: Georgia Tech, Boston College, Wake, NCST, Virginia, and Syracuse? Would you bet your mortgage payment on it? All you have to do is be the best of those last six teams. That is not a lock, now, is it?

    We're better than "They're Still A Flash In The Pan" Puke, 'show me something' Louisville, Shittsburgh, and UNC, I think.

    I think.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    4,739
    Quote Originally Posted by CobbTech View Post
    Yep, 2-10 sure is "turning it around." But we'll see how far this young and energetic coach gets them. Shouldn't be too hard to recruit there and they get a cupcake schedule that makes the ACC look like the SEC west.
    I didn't say that I considered 2-10 as turning things around. USF is such a mess of a program. Holtz, now ruining La. Tech, did major damage, and a clueless AD just retired/resigned. Willie Taggart, using his time with both Harbaugh brothers to good advantage, got the job, but there were very few players on campus, and no discipline. All that said, SOMEBODY thinks (pre-season) that USF is a worthy participant for the $hitty bowl game in St. Pete. That same SOMEBODY sees our storied program, owner of four national championships, a famous and familiar fight song, and honeycomb motif uniforms as being in the same boat as South Flarda. I don't want to be in that conversation. BTW, USF is a great place to recruit. They get tons of malcontent, low academic transfers. There are almost no entrance requirements and the administration, from President Judy Genshaft on down, are fully complicit with the athletic department to 'win football games'. Their roster looks like the 'Mud City Manglers" of Boris and Natasha fame. Taggert may not be the answer, but he will have full cooperation from the university, and should be able to grab enough Florida leftovers from UF, Miami, and FSU each year to rebuild the program. I don't know if he can go from 2-10 to a bowl, but maybe.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    476
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonwreck View Post
    Tech finishes higher than Boston College, Wake, UVA, NCST, and Syracuse. Virginia might be in a death spiral, but they might play to save London's job. NCST we play up there at a point when our season might be a lost cause.
    This guy has us at about 8th in the league. Odds are thats where we will finish.

    Breaking down the ACC's odds according to Las Vegas bookmakers - ESPN

    Team Odds for ACC Chamionship
    FSU 2:15
    Miami 11:2
    VT 10:1
    Clemson 12:1
    UNC 12:1
    Louisville 15:1
    Duke 18:1
    GT 25:1
    BC 50:1
    Pitt 50:1
    UVA 50:1
    NC State 66:1
    Cuse 66:1
    Wake 150:1

    Go JACKETS! THWG!

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •