Results 1 to 9 of 9

If Tech offered this degree, we'd have a chance on the field

This is a discussion on If Tech offered this degree, we'd have a chance on the field within the Georgia Tech Football forums, part of the Georgia Tech Sports Message Boards category; Majoring in sports: Colleges should offer degrees in athletic performance, and make coaches professors. I like this idea....

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    425

    If Tech offered this degree, we'd have a chance on the field



  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Location

    wadley ga
    Posts

    3,856
    Blog Entries
    2
    Agree with you ....if you cant get a kid to pass then doubt he will be of great help on Saturday...I am sure the Docs and Lawyers at GA could give a rats ass about the degrees the football team gets just as long as they...............WIN..we are playing on a uneven field.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    9,167
    How about the ridiculous decision up at Northwestern to allow players to unionize, considering them to be "employees" of the university.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    425
    Quote Originally Posted by HelluvaMGTmjr View Post
    How about the ridiculous decision up at Northwestern to allow players to unionize, considering them to be "employees" of the university.
    I think this idea is to counter that. It seriously would even the playing field because all school's would essentially be offering the same 'football' degree. Some people think this is a disgrace, but honestly, if it comes to paying players, how long do you really think we still have a football team?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    707
    What?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    1,788
    Stupid idea. You think Ugag athletes are stupid now? Reqs too low now? Good gracious, this is about the worst idea yet!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    4,491
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGoldWhite21 View Post
    I think this idea is to counter that. It seriously would even the playing field because all school's would essentially be offering the same 'football' degree. Some people think this is a disgrace, but honestly, if it comes to paying players, how long do you really think we still have a football team?
    I think we would still have a football team, just not a very good one. We would economize and have a graduate student as head coach, with some of his fraternity brothers as assistants. Travel would be curtailed. We could get a schedule with Mercer, UT-Chatt, Samford, maybe Emory would have a team, Sewanee, Shorter. It would be like 1910 again. The players would be students, who just happened to play football.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Location

    wadley ga
    Posts

    3,856
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGoldWhite21 View Post
    I think this idea is to counter that. It seriously would even the playing field because all school's would essentially be offering the same 'football' degree. Some people think this is a disgrace, but honestly, if it comes to paying players, how long do you really think we still have a football team?
    Agree with; you on the future of a payed athlete at Tech.What needs to be done is somewhow get a degree that means we can attract folks and can compete in the trenches.As stated before bet no puppy MDs or lawyers etc could care less about the degree the puppy playres have.....all they want is to make sure they can play.Can you imagine for a second a kid who wants to play and knows he can pass and get a degree of somekind at Tech and has a City like Atlanta to hang out in..I am sure nothing will be done since Hill likes seven a year and five losses and of course the whipping by the pups.....But Atlanta is a great place to hang out in ..or it used to be and we need to use it to attract kids to play for us.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Location

    wadley ga
    Posts

    3,856
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonwreck View Post
    I think we would still have a football team, just not a very good one. We would economize and have a graduate student as head coach, with some of his fraternity brothers as assistants. Travel would be curtailed. We could get a schedule with Mercer, UT-Chatt, Samford, maybe Emory would have a team, Sewanee, Shorter. It would be like 1910 again. The players would be students, who just happened to play football.
    Hey Yuke hate to say this but I think unless we get better we will become the Duke of the ACC......not last years Dook but the Dook years before.........it is awful to think that unless we get it going we could drop back to 25-30thousand and weak opponents.Not sure this would happen but it could and it could happen sooner than we think.Got to get it together and soon.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •