Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Hunt-Days getting a tryout at rush end spot vacated by Jeremiah Attaochu

This is a discussion on Hunt-Days getting a tryout at rush end spot vacated by Jeremiah Attaochu within the Georgia Tech Football forums, part of the Georgia Tech Sports Message Boards category; Talk about big shoes to fill...... 7 thoughts about Hunt-Days’ position move | Georgia Tech Sports blog Go JACKETS! THWG!...

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    476

    Hunt-Days getting a tryout at rush end spot vacated by Jeremiah Attaochu

    Talk about big shoes to fill......

    7 thoughts about Hunt-Days’ position move | Georgia Tech Sports blog

    Go JACKETS! THWG!


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    9,306
    I think we must be pretty thin on the line if this is what we're doing. And 251lb Stargel at other end? Eeesh. (I knew he was going to work out at LB when we recruited him, just not athletic enough and wasn't on anybody else's radar) Apparently Hunt-Days is too slow to play LB in the Nickel? Maybe HD can pull an Attachou but I think we may be reaching into our bag of tricks one too many times. We'll see. I wish we could just recruit 290 lb DTs and 270lb DEs and be done with it.

    Do other teams run as much Nickel as we do? Seems like we run it quite a bit.
    Last edited by HelluvaMGTmjr; 03-26-2014 at 06:58 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    9,306

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Oct 2011
    Posts

    642
    Quote Originally Posted by HelluvaMGTmjr View Post
    Come on Helluva, everyone is an animal during spring practice. Show me, don't tell me.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    9,306
    Quote Originally Posted by yellojello View Post
    Come on Helluva, everyone is an animal during spring practice. Show me, don't tell me.
    I'm trying to be positive, damn it! We really need a RB for 2015!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    986
    Quote Originally Posted by HelluvaMGTmjr View Post
    I'm trying to be positive, damn it! We really need a RB for 2015!
    I would love for us to have Dwyer, William Bell type back. I hope Custis can do that.

    I'm trying to stay positive about the whole thing without building my hopes too high until we see how things play out. That's just me.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    9,306
    Well, the only two players recruited in the PJ era that I have been hopefully optimistic about didn't work out, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

    Hopefully we'll have a few open Saturday scrimmages this year like in past years.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Posts

    395
    Quote Originally Posted by HelluvaMGTmjr View Post
    I think we must be pretty thin on the line if this is what we're doing. And 251lb Stargel at other end? Eeesh. (I knew he was going to work out at LB when we recruited him, just not athletic enough and wasn't on anybody else's radar) Apparently Hunt-Days is too slow to play LB in the Nickel? Maybe HD can pull an Attachou but I think we may be reaching into our bag of tricks one too many times. We'll see. I wish we could just recruit 290 lb DTs and 270lb DEs and be done with it.

    Do other teams run as much Nickel as we do? Seems like we run it quite a bit.
    As offenses move to a 3-WR type base package (more spread looks, bunch formations, etc), in order to match up on personnel nickel is quite imperative. Additionally, since our run defense is pretty solid, teams would probably look to throw more against us...

    If you like, you can think of it as a modified 3-3-5 defense with JHD playing a rush-LB role...

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    9,306
    Quote Originally Posted by HelluvanEngineer View Post
    As offenses move to a 3-WR type base package (more spread looks, bunch formations, etc), in order to match up on personnel nickel is quite imperative. Additionally, since our run defense is pretty solid, teams would probably look to throw more against us...

    If you like, you can think of it as a modified 3-3-5 defense with JHD playing a rush-LB role...
    We have 4 WRs too but we got 8 or even 9 in the box and still struggle completing passes . Spread option my ass.

    Like how everything always comes back to our offense? Ha, I can't help it!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    1,795
    Quote Originally Posted by HelluvaMGTmjr View Post
    The skinny is that he's flying up the charts and really impressing. Many, who have seen him and are in the know, expect him to really push Laskey all season. And may take over the starting spot before the season ends.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •