Results 1 to 8 of 8

Schultz article on recruiting

This is a discussion on Schultz article on recruiting within the Georgia Tech Football forums, part of the Georgia Tech Sports Message Boards category; Georgia Tech doing well despite low recruiting rankings | Jeff Schultz blog PJ argues against recruiting rankings by saying that ...

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    9,293

    Schultz article on recruiting

    Georgia Tech doing well despite low recruiting rankings | Jeff Schultz blog

    PJ argues against recruiting rankings by saying that in the past 6 years GT is in the top 4 in ACC. Just like the PJ cultists, PJ himself is still leaning on 2008-2009 to save his neck. Here's what is so hilarious...our record is heavily skewed because of the 2007 class that was ranked #18 in
    the nation!

    I just don't understand how a fanbase that is generally pretty smart can't do
    the easy math.

    Figures never lie but liars figure!


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Location

    wadley ga
    Posts

    4,353
    Blog Entries
    2
    Now its his call but after looking at who we signed its clear we are still going to bank on the qbs we have at Tech since we only signed one I think......I was hoping we would get some big hosses to run the ball but it does look like we are beefing up the lines..Oh well let PJ and the ACj and the detractors tell me how good our year was I just want to see results on Saturday.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Location

    Not Georgia :(
    Posts

    3,538
    It's funny how his fanboys act like he's such a straight shooter, when Paul Johnson is a BS artist!
    DCS: "I'll give Helluva the nod on this one."

    12 out of 13. When will this stop?

    Bobby Godd never, not once, ever blamed his boys for a loss. It was always on his shoulders, and his shoulders alone. That is greatness. This is not. --YukonWreck

    Today's society is not a Flexbone society. --HelluvaMgtMajor

    GT uniform critic.

    Certainly this is a board and everyone is entitled to their opinion. It is just that mine is right and yours is wrong. --91Wreck

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date

    Oct 2013
    Location

    Valdosta, GA
    Posts

    25
    I thought that the article was a perfect representation of Georgia Tech recruiting. CPJ doesn't just look at the stars, but he looks at the players and picks those who are passionate, academically eligible, and semi-responsible enough to stay out of trouble. I have noticed that we take a lot of players that are not highly ranked and prove that they are talented for example Sims and Roddy Jones. We have not been able to put it together so far because there has always been some part of the team that has not been at the right level, so as a fellow Tech fan, I suggest that you accept that CPJ isn't leaving anytime soon and we've got who we've got as far as the recruiting class goes.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    9,293
    Quote Originally Posted by willhwt View Post
    I thought that the article was a perfect representation of Georgia Tech recruiting. CPJ doesn't just look at the stars, but he looks at the players and picks those who are passionate, academically eligible, and semi-responsible enough to stay out of trouble. I have noticed that we take a lot of players that are not highly ranked and prove that they are talented for example Sims and Roddy Jones. We have not been able to put it together so far because there has always been some part of the team that has not been at the right level, so as a fellow Tech fan, I suggest that you accept that CPJ isn't leaving anytime soon and we've got who we've got as far as the recruiting class goes.
    Here's the thing...it's not about the players that WE want...it's not like PJ doesn't want these 4* studs, it's that we can't get them. It's not the ones he is picking but the ones that are picking us.

    If he doesn't win this year, I think he's gone. This is his first year in the real world with the rest of us where it's put out or get out since I'm assuming his buyout is affordable now.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date

    Feb 2014
    Posts

    28
    Quote Originally Posted by HelluvaMGTmjr View Post
    Here's the thing...it's not about the players that WE want...it's not like PJ doesn't want these 4* studs, it's that we can't get them. It's not the ones he is picking but the ones that are picking us.

    If he doesn't win this year, I think he's gone. This is his first year in the real world with the rest of us where it's put out or get out since I'm assuming his buyout is affordable now.
    I agree that this could be CPJ's last season. The one thing that worries me is who would or could Tech get to replace him ? You can scratch off any big name hire right off the top. Not enough money to lure them and even if there was more money none would come. So now Tech would be looking at either retread coaches (Petrino types) that as soon as they get the chance to jump ship they would be gone or hire a young unproven assistant coach. Tech will never be able to routinely pull in top 20 recruiting classes for a multitude of reasons. I think a coach that has some sort of niche like Johnson is our best chance of winning.
    "It's like when your Mother In Law goes over a cliff in a new Cadillac. You get mixed emotions"

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Sep 2012
    Posts

    1,611
    top-4 in the weak-knee'd ACC is nothing to brag about, esp. when we're 1-12 vs the top 3 during the past few years.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Location

    wadley ga
    Posts

    4,353
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by JacketFan View Post
    I agree that this could be CPJ's last season. The one thing that worries me is who would or could Tech get to replace him ? You can scratch off any big name hire right off the top. Not enough money to lure them and even if there was more money none would come. So now Tech would be looking at either retread coaches (Petrino types) that as soon as they get the chance to jump ship they would be gone or hire a young unproven assistant coach. Tech will never be able to routinely pull in top 20 recruiting classes for a multitude of reasons. I think a coach that has some sort of niche like Johnson is our best chance of winning.
    Not saying PJ will leave due to his contract but lets just look around at the big schools and remember that many of them were first upgraded to powers by smart asst coaches...remember a guy named Vince..........Steve Spurrier and Pat Dye..........Bobby Dodd.....all were asst first and with exception of may Steve not name droppers.Tech can get a asst coach and still change offense a little and be 7-5 .Nobody is that important that we have to keep him and keep on being mediocre
    .I think several guys with good records(maybe not name guys) would jump at the chance to make a million bucks.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •