Results 1 to 10 of 10

CCKelley being evaluated for DC???

This is a discussion on CCKelley being evaluated for DC??? within the Georgia Tech Football forums, part of the Georgia Tech Sports Message Boards category; From what I read here Kelley will get a hard look from CPJ for the DC job.... In audition, Kelly ...

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Location

    Kennesaw
    Posts

    1,620
    Blog Entries
    2

    CCKelley being evaluated for DC???

    From what I read here Kelley will get a hard look from CPJ for the DC job....

    In audition, Kelly addresses Tech defense flaws | Georgia Tech


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    4,364
    There's talk that CCK may be joining Nick Saban at 'Bama as a DB coach. Hard not to see him leaving for 'Bama if he doesn't get the DC job.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    5,336
    Quote Originally Posted by AllGT View Post
    There's talk that CCK may be joining Nick Saban at 'Bama as a DB coach. Hard not to see him leaving for 'Bama if he doesn't get the DC job.
    oh, i'm sure he's as good as gone if he gets passed over. i'm up in the air about him. he was stuck between a rock and a hard place trying to clean up the mess left in the wake of groh's departure. so, as much as i don't want to judge his coordinator prowess by the second half of the season it's hard not to let that taint my memory a bit.

    i'm curious to see how well he has the D prepped for the bowl game. if they play with the same intensity, fire, and urgency as they showed during the second half of the ACCCG it'll go a long way in helping his cause, IMO. if we look awful, though, it's certainly gonna leave a negative, final impression.

    whatever the case, paul johnson's coaching tenure at tech is in the balance with this latest DC hire. he better be damn sure about this one.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    3,008
    Quote Originally Posted by stonedwall View Post
    oh, i'm sure he's as good as gone if he gets passed over. i'm up in the air about him. he was stuck between a rock and a hard place trying to clean up the mess left in the wake of groh's departure. so, as much as i don't want to judge his coordinator prowess by the second half of the season it's hard not to let that taint my memory a bit.

    i'm curious to see how well he has the D prepped for the bowl game. if they play with the same intensity, fire, and urgency as they showed during the second half of the ACCCG it'll go a long way in helping his cause, IMO. if we look awful, though, it's certainly gonna leave a negative, final impression.

    whatever the case, paul johnson's coaching tenure at tech is in the balance with this latest DC hire. he better be damn sure about this one.
    I agree. In mid season it is difficult to make huge changes when you are trying to game prep every week. The bowl will be a little better examination IMHO. 15 practices is enough to make some meaningful changes in culture, fundamentals, and possibly even scheme (to a lesser extent). This will be his audition. Personally, if we aren't blown away with an obvious revitalization on that side of the ball, I am in favor of a complete overhaul on the defensive staff. I want a staff that is absolutely passionate about defeating blocks, tackling technique, skills in the pass rush, and playing with energy. I want aggressive attitude combined with a little more risk taking, more than I want complexity.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Sep 2011
    Location

    Parts Unknown
    Posts

    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomergump View Post
    I agree. In mid season it is difficult to make huge changes when you are trying to game prep every week. The bowl will be a little better examination IMHO. 15 practices is enough to make some meaningful changes in culture, fundamentals, and possibly even scheme (to a lesser extent). This will be his audition. Personally, if we aren't blown away with an obvious revitalization on that side of the ball, I am in favor of a complete overhaul on the defensive staff. I want a staff that is absolutely passionate about defeating blocks, tackling technique, skills in the pass rush, and playing with energy. I want aggressive attitude combined with a little more risk taking, more than I want complexity.
    THIS...when is the last time GT had a reputation for hard hits? It would be great if we considered one of the teams that leave a mark on the O we play....

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Sep 2012
    Posts

    325
    Bowl will be a great measuring tool.

    Although, I'd really like to hire from out side.

    GO JACKETS THWG

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Dec 2012
    Posts

    938
    Make him Co-coordinator or asst head coach

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Oct 2012
    Location

    Atlanta
    Posts

    982
    Quote Originally Posted by Atllove View Post
    Make him Co-coordinator or asst head coach
    sounds like ASSISTANT TO THE REGIONAL MANAGER
    CCKelley being evaluated for DC???-dwight-schrute.jpg

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Posts

    1,798
    Quote Originally Posted by GT Man View Post
    sounds like ASSISTANT TO THE REGIONAL MANAGER
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dwight-schrute.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	4.9 KB 
ID:	740
    It comes with a pay raise....

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date

    Oct 2011
    Location

    Covington, GA
    Posts

    8

    Bama?!?

    In what world would a DC, of all staff positions, be GOOD enough for Alabama and NOT good enough for GT?!?

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •