• Georgia Tech Rolls Presbyterian 59-3

    The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets raced to a 21-0 first quarter lead and cruised to a 59-3 victory over the Presbyterian Pale Hose at Bobby Dodd Stadium Saturday night. Presbyterian kicked a 30-yard field goal with 5 seconds left to avert the shutout.

    Tevin Washington threw for a touchdown and ran for another to lead the Jackets offense. He completed 7 passes in 11 attempts for 161 yards and ran 9 times for 97 yards.

    Sophomore B-back Zach Laskey took advantage of his first career start, racking up 116 yards on 12 carries. Laskey got the Jackets on the board first as he galloped 56 yards for the Jackets' first score early in the first quarter.

    Highly touted redshirt freshman QB Vad Lee got his first collegiate experience and responded by tossing an 82-yard touchdown pass to sophomore wide receiver Jeff Greene and and by gaining 101 yards on only 8 carries and a touchdown.

    Despite scoring 59 points head coach Paul Johnson will have some ammunition to get the players' attention next week in practice as the Jackets fumbled 4 times losing 3.

    Georgia Tech's offense produced 712 yards while the defense yielded only 243.

    The Jackets resume ACC play next Saturday when they host the Virginia Cavaliers.
    Comments 10 Comments
    1. srschirm's Avatar
      srschirm -
      I was pretty excited about Vad's play.
    1. Ga Tech Navy Nuke's Avatar
      Ga Tech Navy Nuke -
      Our D was pretty good and hit hard and flew around. For someone at the Gardner Webb game a few years, I can say this team has a whole different attitude. I wish we had gotten the shutout.

      ST looked good.

      O looked pretty good, I'm glad Vad came in after his first time in. The stats will say he had two incomplete passes when he first came in, but both passes should have been caught. TW was good too. This is a good problem to have.

      Good scrimmage, now get a good week of practice and start back for real.
    1. Stinger90's Avatar
      Stinger90 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ga Tech Navy Nuke View Post
      Our D was pretty good and hit hard and flew around. For someone at the Gardner Webb game a few years, I can say this team has a whole different attitude. I wish we had gotten the shutout.

      ST looked good.

      O looked pretty good, I'm glad Vad came in after his first time in. The stats will say he had two incomplete passes when he first came in, but both passes should have been caught. TW was good too. This is a good problem to have.

      Good scrimmage, now get a good week of practice and start back for real.
      I'm feeling better going into the UVa. game now. I had them as one of two "maybe teams" as far as a lost. At UNCheat, was the other.
    1. Lee Reeves's Avatar
      Lee Reeves -
      Quote Originally Posted by Stinger90 View Post
      I'm feeling better going into the UVa. game now. I had them as one of two "maybe teams" as far as a lost. At UNCheat, was the other.
      Yeah, me too. I think they're both wins now actually. If VL gets playing time in real games and can start to get the option down, he's going to lead us to a lot of wins over the next few years I hope.
    1. BleedGoldWhite21's Avatar
      BleedGoldWhite21 -
      I know its not against a very good opponent, but we played about as well as possible. The near shut-out on defense, balance and more creativity on offense and solid STs play gets me pretty excited. I felt the O-line allowed a little too much penetration, but overall a solid effort. We have 3 very winnable games coming up. We could very easily be 4-1 heading to Clemson who CPJ owns.
    1. Stinger90's Avatar
      Stinger90 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Lee Reeves View Post
      Yeah, me too. I think they're both wins now actually. If VL gets playing time in real games and can start to get the option down, he's going to lead us to a lot of wins over the next few years I hope.
      Lee, Vad gave me some flash backs from Hillside, and what he's capable of doing given the chance. It's good to have another option if need be(e).
    1. pckl300's Avatar
      pckl300 -
      What was up with Vad coming in during the 1st quarter? Is PJ wavering on Tevin?
    1. PatrickinGa's Avatar
      PatrickinGa -
      Presbyterian Blue Hose, not Pale Hose...lol
    1. stonedwall's Avatar
      stonedwall -
      Quote Originally Posted by pckl300 View Post
      What was up with Vad coming in during the 1st quarter? Is PJ wavering on Tevin?
      i think he just wanted to give him a shot. i wish he'd allowed him to stay in more. both his passes were incompletions but certainly not his fault. they should have been caught. gotta catch the football! guess CPJ put TW back in because he saw our receivers were wearing stone gloves once again.
    1. stonedwall's Avatar
      stonedwall -
      Quote Originally Posted by PatrickinGa View Post
      Presbyterian Blue Hose, not Pale Hose...lol
      those are the ones that never come outside to meet their "customers" at the roach motels, PG!